“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Get creative combining flavors and colors! Always use ORGANIC fruit/veggies/herbs when keeping skin on! See great recipes here.
Easy Nut Milks (Almond, Walnut, Cashew, etc.)
- soak 1 cup raw nuts in warm water and a tsp of salt for 4+ hrs
- drain and rinse
- peel shells off almonds
- add to blender with 3-4 cups filtered water
- 2-4 dates (pits removed)
- 1 tsp vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, squeeze of lemon
- add ice (optional).
- Blend starting at low then increase.
- Refrigerate. Lasts 5 days!
- More nut milk recipes here.
Super Yummy Organic Green Mocha Hemp Cashew Banana Milkshake
- 2 cups cashew milk (see recipe above)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic 100% pure cocoa
- 1 cup organic power greens (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- 1 scoop Orgain protein powder
- dash of cinnamon
- blend then mix in a few drops of organic coffee
Skyler’s Red-Green Smoothie
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Greens (spinach, kale, chard, cucumber)
- 1-2 cups Frozen Berries / Other Fruit
- 1 Tbsp. each Flax, Chia, Hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp Orgain or Hemp Protein powder
- 1 scoop each Green & Red Powders (Trader Joe’s)
- Optional Extras: coconut water, aloe vera juice, ginger, fresh herbs, avocado, cinnamon, stevia, dates, ice
- * Do not include berries if you want your smoothie to be green in color!
- * More amazing smoothie recipes from Kris Carr here.
- Same recipe as smoothie minus cup of water.
- To thicken: add bananas, ice or avocado
Donna’s Daily Sustenance Salad
Mixed organic lettuce; arugula, carrots, tomato, cucumber, colorful peppers, red onion, green or red cabbage, radish, sprouts; avocado; raw walnuts and pumpkin seeds, basil, mint, cilantro, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon, anise seed, dill
Check out Chris Wark’s video here explaining How to Make The Giant Cancer-Fighting Salad.
4 Easy NO OIL Salad Dressings from Medical Medium
Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth:
Mango Tomato Dressing
1 cup mango
1 cup cherry tomato or diced tomato
1/2 cup orange juice
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup cilantro
1 green onion
1/4 jalapeño (optional)
Creamy Tahini Ginger
1 tbsp tahini
1 small peeled and chopped zucchini
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup basil
Almond Butter & Thyme
2 tbsp almond butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp thyme
water to blend if needed
Dijon Sesame Salsa Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil; 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- ¼ cup each Braggs, Dijon mustard, lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped garlic, ginger, pepper, turmeric
Roasted Eggplant Bruschetta
1 – 2 eggplant cut in 3/4 inch slices
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with coconut or olive oil spray. Arrange eggplant rounds in a single layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully flip each piece: the undersides should be blistery, dark and a bit puffy and should release from the pan with no effort. If they’re not, let it cook longer. Once flipped, sprinkle them with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper and return the pan to the oven for another 10 to 12 minutes or so, until the undersides match the tops. Move to a plate and spoon bruschetta mixture onto each piece of roasted eggplant.
For bruschetta topping, in a bowl, combine:
- 3 diced medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tbsp minced fresh mint or basil
- 2 ounces tofu instead of feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
Simply Spectacular Sprouts
- See instructions here.
- Click here to watch video.
- Sprouting seeds and mung beans can be found at health food stores
Sensational Sumi Salad
- Toast 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds then 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds in 2 tsp coconut oil. Keep aside, cool and add to:
- 2 bunches green onions sliced
- 1 large green cabbage chopped
- 5-7 fresh mandarins or cuties
Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 1/4 cup each: toasted sesame oil, Bragg’s Aminos, rice vinegar
Rainbow Spring Rolls with Sweet & Spicy Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
- Package organic firm tofu
- Cut into long strips: carrot, cucumber, red & yellow pepper, red cabbage, red onion, avocado, beet (and whatever else you like)
- Fresh basil or mint
- Arugula, lettuce or micro-greens
- rice paper sheets (find at health food store)
- Wash and cut tofu into 1/4″ strips. Fry 3 min ea side in 1 tsp coconut oil and spices.
- Cut veggies and avocado into long thin strips, keeping them separated.
- Wash basil and mint and dry on paper towel.
- Fill a pan with lukewarm water and submerge one rice paper sheet into the water for 5-10 seconds, or until the sheet is just soft. Don’t leave it in too long or it will tear easily. Place on a clean cutting board.
- Arrange a small portion of veggies, tofu, avo, basil or mint leaves and some arugula or lettuce in center of rice paper. Be conservative and do not overfill.
- Fold in ends like a burrito and roll the sheet up firmly to enclose the filling.
Sweet & Spicy Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup Braggs amino acids or gluten-free tamari
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp each of turmeric and black pepper
- mix well with fork or blender for smoother consistency
Green Wrap w/ Quinoa & Avo
- Heat water in a large pan & soak collard green for 30 seconds each side until bright green and soft. Dry with paper towels.
- Cook 1 cup quinoa. Add ½ bunch each: chopped parsley, cilantro, mint
- Add ½ cup each: chopped red onion, tomato, green onions
- Juice of two lemons; 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil; 1 TBSP tamari or Bragg’s, salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all together in the quinoa and let cool in fridge
- Wrap: Spread hummus, mustard or “Majestic” garlic dip on 1-2 collard greens. Add avocado then 2 TBSP of quinoa. Wrap like a burrito.
Curry Lentils with Veggies
- Rinse and soak 2 cups lentils.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or use small amounts of water
- Add 1 chopped onion and 1 tsp chopped garlic, ginger and 1 tbsp curry paste.
- Add lentils and 8-9 cups water (can add more as it cooks)
- Cook on high then reduce to simmer for 20-30 min.
- Add choice of broccoli, carrots, zucchini, spinach, & curry powder/ spices to taste
- Veggies or brown rice cakes with hummus or favorite garlic spread
- Fruit, nuts & seeds, trail mix (see below)
Donna’s Light Crunchy Raw Trail Mix
- ½ cup millet rice cereal & ½ cup puffed rice or kamut puffs (Nature’s Path Organic)
- RAW pepitas, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, dried cranberries, raisins
- Lots of cinnamon
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or date sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups walnuts
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Filling: Blend cashews, maple syrup/date sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, lemon juice and blueberries.
- Crust: Blend walnuts until finely chopped. Add dates, salt and coconut oil and pulse.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Press the crust evenly at bottom of pan
- Spread filling evenly over the crust. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with fresh berries and nuts.